Mobile phones are not cheap these days. Not only do you have to pay for the device itself, but in order to use it, you have to pay for a data plan from the mobile company. Having a mobile device has become so expensive that mobile carriers will now sometimes use your credit score to ensure that you are able to pay it back. What’s worse is that these devices are not getting any cheaper, and it is becoming harder and harder to not own one. Practically everyone has a mobile device, and they are needed if you want to keep in touch with people or need to perform certain job tasks on the go. If you are tired of spending so much money on one of these devices, there are a few things you can do so save yourself some money.
- Buy a used phone – A new device is very expensive. To save yourself some money, you can get a phone that is slightly used but still in working condition. There are plenty of stores and places online that you can purchase used phones, and once you have one, you can simply activate it on your mobile plan. Be careful though and make sure that you are getting your phone from a reputable place, and make sure you know what their return policy is. You don’t want to spend money on a phone and then realize it doesn’t work properly.
- Buy an older model phone – When a new model phone is released, the older models tend to drop in price. Best of all, between one model and the one that comes out right after it, there are usually not too many differences. You can save a lot of money by getting a phone that came out last year, and you won’t be missing out on too many of the features.
- Take advantage of discounts and promotions – Many mobile carriers will offer discounts and special promotions throughout the year. Some will even give you a free phone if you have been with them for a period of time. Find out what kind of offers your current carrier has, and see if you can take advantage of them. If your carrier doesn’t have any deals that you like, shop around at other carriers and consider making a switch.
- Get a cheaper mobile plan – There are a lot of different types of mobile plans out there, and they all have different costs. If you don’t use that much data each month, or if you are usually connected to WiFi, you can get a mobile plan that has the bare minimum data usage on it. The more data usage you have, the larger your bill is going to be. You can also sign up for a Sim Only plan. With these types of plans you get access to the mobile network, but you provide your own phone. You can then purchase a used phone like we mention earlier, or you can continue to use your old device. These devices are typically a lot cheaper than normal mobile plans.
- Look at different carriers – There are a lot of different mobile carriers out there, and each one of them offers different types of mobile plans that vary in price. The one you currently have may not be the best fit for you. Think about what your needs are and see if there is a mobile carrier that offers a plan that suits it. You can save a good deal of money by getting a plan that fits you, since you won’t be spending money on extra things you don’t need. If you are in the middle of a contract with another carrier however, make sure there are no penalties to switching out early before you sign anything else.
Hopefully with this advice you can save yourself some money on your mobile bill each month. There are a lot of different ways to save money, from your device to your plan, and you just have to find the thing that works best for you. Don’t accept that your bill can’t go any lower until you have done a throughout amount of research and tried a few of the tips above. Good luck!